Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
Big Issues In This World!
12-13-2013, 09:37 PM,
Information  Big Issues In This World!
Hey, everyone, death here.

Right now, there's so much wrong with what's going on with things. Not Reliquia-related, but about how corporations are getting everything they want and leaving the rest of us out to dry. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAi81_uvztM

Seriously, what's going on? Across the world we're getting a stupendous amount of favouritism directed towards the large companies, and as a result, the people trying to survive and make money- independents like YouTubers, lower level corporations workers- are unable to make enough money to scratch a decent living and/or improve their status in life. This is so ridiculously unjust and against the standards of Democracy. Considering that Democracy is something that many Western societies espouse, I can't understand the multiple standards going on. I consider Google to be especially disgusting- their motto itself is "Do no evil." Screwing over people by favouring large wealthy corporations is in no way "good", and depending on the person's individual social status, is so inherently evil. This is particularly true considering that the large corporations are actually GETTING THE YOUTUBE PARTNER'S MONEY- money that the YouTube Partner would have originally gotten.

Even more disgusting- companies such as Google have made many changes very recently. These changes have been protested against on the basis of privacy rights and the basic expectations people have of their experience on YouTube and similar products. So what's up? I'm really worried about what our future's going to look like. Will we have to live in fear of infringing on some arbitrarily decided law that benefits noone but the already affluent? Will we have to live in fear of governmental agencies (from governments that are "democratic" and "for the people" and for "basic rights and freedoms") acting to infringe on privacy rights- without informing the public about it for more than a decade? I now go forth in fear and trepidation for the type of society I'll be living in.

This is just a rant about how I feel. Feel free to chip in with your thoughts and/or if you want to discuss.
[Bild: ts_franky_shogun_by_zxcv11791-d5g0c7g.gif]
12-14-2013, 03:42 AM,
RE: Big Issues In This World!
Vote Democrat. Tongue
- Burial
12-14-2013, 12:09 PM,
Burial, need I remind you that the current US government head is Democrat? And I don't think changing just the political party in power will solve much (if there is even a solution that can be reached in the next decade or so).
[Bild: ts_franky_shogun_by_zxcv11791-d5g0c7g.gif]
12-14-2013, 02:26 PM,
Geez Burial, with all your talk about loving political debate, I'm surprised all you have to add is two words and an emoticon!
12-14-2013, 02:57 PM,
@Epic, I like verbal debate, not really a fan of typing arguments.

@Death, No, I don't need a reminder who the President is. I have a bachelor's degree in political science and am almost finished with my masters degree in public administration. And to be honest when I first saw you posting this, I was so accustomed to this topic and discussing it with friends, family and classmates for literally years, my first thought was, "this is news to you? where have you been for the last ten years?" And you say that the current leader is a democrat as if again, this is only now becoming a problem and that he allowed it to happen.

The fight for balance between companies and the populous has been a problem Americans have been wrestling with since our founding. It became more prominent after the industrial revolution with anti trust laws to break up monopolies; see the Sherman Anti-trust Act of 1890, signed by President Harrison (Republican, but note these were still Abraham Lincoln Republicans and were more like Democrats are today, i.e freeing the slaves etc.) and when Congress passed child labor laws like the Fair Labor Standards Act signed by President Roosevelt (Democrat) and the set of laws comprising the New Deal, also signed by President Roosevelt (Democrat).

In more recent history, look up President Obama's signing of the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure Act. And his signing of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. So yes, I'd say Democrats are much better at reigning in corporate power than the Republicans are. (There are more examples, these are just a few).

And yes, Even Democrats are subject to criticism when it comes to doing favors for big corporations, or taking big donations from them, and being corrupted by them. But at least they *talk* about reigning them in, whereas all the Republicans have to say is "less regulation!" and "trickle-down economics!" and "the invisible hand of the free market!" and somehow it will all magically fall into place by the grace of god and the good will of man-kind. (lol, of course, why didn't I think of that.)

Happy now Epic?
- Burial
12-14-2013, 03:42 PM,
Sure, but a few things first..."Republican, but note these were still Abraham Lincoln Republicans and were more like Democrats are today, i.e freeing the slaves etc." Right, because /begin sarcasm/ all Republicans are racists, right?! /end sarcasm/. Even in the 50s, More Democrats were against civil rights while more Republicans were in favor of it. Oh, sorry, do you claim those Republicans as well? My bad, another thing that irks me is that the "trickle down economics" thing you think Republicans use all the time...is more a phrase Democrats like to put in the mouths of Republicans.

Now that that's cleared up, i would like to notify you that I am actually no longer a Republican. I believe both major political parties are responsible for the current state-of-affairs, mostly due to towards their hatred of each other, and also because I have changed a few of my stances.
12-14-2013, 06:42 PM,
Here is all i gotta say "democrocy 3" play it.
In my first term, I closed boarders to all trade and immigration in the US, stopped Crime and after i reopened the boarders at the start of my second term had a 3.5million budget in the last three weeks of my second term before i got assassinated by large corporations.
I did a lot of other things like cut funding for cars, upped funding for more environment friendly transport, tossed a ton into technology research and education, taxed the heck out of anything that caused harm in a form to anyone, and gave tax breaks to those willing to stay healthy. In the end i had ended homelessness and much more.
AKA I'm damn sure Burial and death can do better than me, but try it out to "test" your views on politics.
My new MC Username: Mich_Gusta (the account entgan got hacked and I couldn't recover it)
12-14-2013, 08:25 PM,
My past self wouldn't believe a thing this post said cause i was so 'Pro american!
Now? i looked into what our government truly does not for our benefit but for theres. We need to reform not just the U.S but the entire world.
In the end
We don't remember the words of our enemies
But the silence of our friends

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Impressum | Kontakt | Reliquia Website | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation